What Motorbike Insurance Can Try Compare Insure For You?
Try Compare can help you get cheap Motorbike Insurance quotes, online! We work with a panel of UK insurance providers to do the hard work for you and search for your cheap insurance quotes.
There are many types of bikes that we can get you cheap insurance quotes for. This includes:
- Standard motorbikes
- Classic motorbikes
- Scooters or mopeds
- Quad bikes
Quotes on different bike types will vary.
What Is Motorbike Insurance?
Motorbike insurance can pay out if your bike is involved in an accident and needs to be repaired or if it has been stolen. Also, this will cover you if a member of the public is injured in an accident or other road users, or damage their property.
How Can I Get Cheaper Motorbike Insurance?
Motorbike insurance, in general, is based on the overall risk involved because the more risk involved the more expensive the insurance will be so it’s important to think about these when looking for insurance quotes. We consider some of the insurers risk factors below.
Why Would The Motorbike Impact The Insurance Premium?
- The motorbike is more expensive and is, therefore, more expensive to repair. This includes costs of replacement parts, repairs and labour.
- The motorbikes engine is bigger and therefore faster which may make it more likely to be involved in an accident.
- The motorbike has modifications to enhance performance, etc.
- The motorbike is not kept in a safe and secured place at night.
To lower the overall cost of motorbike insurance you can choose a smaller, less powerful bike. You can also ensure it is kept stored away at home in a secured garage, because, the harder a motorbike is to steal the lower the insurer’s risk and therefore the overall insurance premium.
Why Would The Motorbike Rider Impact The Insurance Premium?
- The Motorbike rider’s age. Typically insurance quotes for people ages 17 to 25 years often have the most expensive insurance premiums as they are considered the riskiest. This is because they are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident. Why not try adding an older and more experienced driver/rider to the policy, as a named driver, to see if it reduces your premium?
- How will the rider use their motorbike and insurance cover? Will more miles be covered and will the bike be used for different scenarios such as commuting to work or for domestic purposes?
- Has the rider been involved in any previous incidents/accidents?
- Has the rider any driving convictions, such as speeding?
- Does the motorbike rider have any additional rider qualifications? If so, insurers will see them as less of a risk. This means lower insurance premiums!
Other Ways To Lower Your Motorbike Insurance Costs:
- Get a lower CC motorbike such as a 125CC moped. Many younger motorbike riders go for these as they are the cheaper option and helps build up their no claims bonus early on.
- Pay annually rather than monthly for your motorbikers insurance
- Increase your voluntary excess. The disadvantage is you would pay more if you were to make a claim on the insurance.
- Improve your motorbike riding record. If you can keep your claims to zero you will be deemed less risky by insurers and they will offer you lower insurance premiums. To get a discount, try building up a no claims bonus of five years.
- Where you live is also a factor on insurance premiums because If you live in an area where more vehicle users are involved in incidents the insurance premiums will be greater.
- Also, consider comparing the different insurance coverage types to see if one is cheaper than the other because sometimes third party insurance is cheaper so it is always worth comparing the quotes.
Consider the above points when looking for motorbike insurance quotes and always answer honestly and accurately when applying for your insurance. If you do not you run the risk of invalidating your insurance policy.