Compare and save money on Young Driver Insurance quotes now
Free to Compare
Compare Quotes From The UK’s Leading Providers
Quick Form to Complete
Click the button for a free insurance quote
What Is Young Driver Insurance?
Young Driver Insurance is for as the title states for young drivers. There are specific insurance companies that provide competitive and cheap insurance than the average insurance companies on comparison websites such as Go Compare or Compare the market.
Our goal is to point you in the right direction with a simple form we can get you in touch with some of the best providers out there.
Why is Young Driver Insurance more expensive?
It is about how much risk you might be to an insurance company. When you pass your test you have no one else sitting next to you guiding and telling you what to do. They say that 80% of young drivers to pass their test will have a small bump or accident within the first year of driving.
How can you save money on young drivers insurance?
But it is not all doom and gloom for younger drivers here are some tips to help you get more for your money.
- Think about the car you are buying. If you pass your test and want to go and buy a brand new top of the range car expect your premium to be high. Generally, the smaller the car the cheaper it is to insure. So go for a small city car.
- Steer clear of vehicle modifications! Modifications are known to increase younger driver insurance by hundreds of pounds.
- Some insurance companies will require a larger excess. Think about taking an additional voluntary excess to soften the blow.
- Choose the right insurance cover. You have Third party, Third party fire, and theft and full comprehensive options. Some insurance companies will give cheaper quotes if you go fully comprehensive.
- Where you live is a big factor. Unfortunately we cannot decide sometimes where we live but bare this in mind.
- Add drivers as named drivers to your policy who have got experience.
- Opt to paying for your insurance annually rather than monthly.
- Reduce the number of miles you are doing a year. Someone who will only drive 5000 miles a year compared to 12,000 miles per year will find their premiums are cheaper.
- Keep and park your car somewhere safe. Whether that’s locked in a garage or on a driveway this will make the insurance cheaper. But, if you park it on a public street away from your house this sometimes can be more expensive.
- Take the advanced driving courses. Most instructors will offer this once you passed your test.
Try Compare today you will not be disappointed.